We know that a first time visit to a church can often be intimidating. So, we have created this page for first time visitors to give you an idea of what might be expected when visiting our church. If you have questions about the information below, please call our office at 330.773.3321. We greatly anticipate your visit!
- Anticipate a worship service that lasts for approximately one hour and forty-five minutes. Worship times are Sundays 9:00 AM and 11:00AM and Prayer Service Wednesdays 6:30pm. Praise and Worship begins 10 minutes before each Sunday services.
- Look for the signs that direct you to reserved parking for first time guests. Though these spaces are reserved, you are still encouraged to arrive early. If you are unable to find a reserved space, please feel free to park in any other unreserved parking space available in our three parking lots or on the streets adjacent to the church. Please note that you must have a valid sticker in order to park in the handicap spaces.
- Expect to be warmly welcomed by our greeters and ushers, each of whom will be glad to assist you. Childcare is provided for infants through toddlers (2 ½ years) during each service. Kidz Landing, for ages 3 through 5th grade is offered during the 9 & 11:00AM services.
- You will find attendees dressed in a wide variety of styles; from relaxed dress all the way to the “Sunday Best.” You should feel right at home.
- Our ushers will be glad to assist you in locating a seat in the sanctuary.
- Feel free to participate in every part of the worship.
- Uplifting music that ranges from traditional hymns and anthems to contemporary gospel is presented by one of the five choirs. Song lyrics are included in the Worship Bulletin as well as projected on the video screen.
- The sermon is usually delivered by our Senior Pastor, Reverend Dr. Diana L. Swoope. Occasionally a staff minister or guest preacher will be in the pulpit.
- Pastor Swoope is widely known for her biblically sound, down to earth, spirited preaching, that touches the heart, spirit, intellect and emotions. The sermon is always followed by an altar call; giving listeners an opportunity to immediately act upon what was heard.
- Typically, only one offering is received. Guests are free to participate in that offering if you so choose.
- If the Lord’s Supper, Baptism, Infant Dedication or other special service is observed, a full explanation will be given so that you can follow along.
- Pastor Swoope and other members of the ministerial staff are usually available following the service to greet all attendees. If you would like to speak with
- Pastor Swoope at length, please stop by the main office to arrange a time.
- Remember to stop by the Guest Services Center to receive your “First Time Guest” gift! It’s our way of saying thanks for choosing us for worship!!